I kept seeing Facebook posts in every camping group saying how easy it was, but I was skeptical. It turns out, I had a reason to be skeptical. This project wasn’t easy, but I didn’t give up and I learned a lot along the way. I think the end product turned out great.
Here are a few hacks if you decide to give it a try:
- Don’t be afraid to cut the tiles with sharp scissors. I tried a box cutter and it didn’t work. The scissors worked just fine.
- Put in the bottom row first. We initially started from bottom to top and that created many issues as the project moved along. Once you have the bottom row level it will be much easier to get the top rows right.
- Each square of tiles comes with a clear film on top. I initially took it off and experienced some tearing when I had to move things around. Just leave it on until you know you have it in the correct spot.